Finseca Chief Advocacy Officer
Coverage of the President’s proposal is wall to wall. Here are the top 5 things you need to know.
- President Biden laid out a big picture vision and promised a second installment in a few weeks.
- The first installment of spending (roughly $2.25 trillion) is paired with significant additional taxes on corporations. Read the White House Fact Sheet for all the details.
- We expect the second installment to be of similar size and paired with significant additional taxes on individuals.
- The legislative strategy is still developing. Speaker Pelosi announced yesterday she intends to move the ‘infrastructure’ package through the House by July 4.
- The vote count will determine what becomes law. The House margin is 3 and the Senate margin is 0. Progressive and Moderate reaction is already pulling the package in opposite directions. Finseca Influencer members can see which way Finseca’s policy insiders believe the winds are blowing via the Finseca Policy Forecast distributed in Finseca Advanced Markets eNewsletter every other Thursday at 6pm ET.
Engage with us on behalf of your profession and clients!
Help us build and strengthen relationships with policy makers by taking this quick survey.
Want to contribute your voice directly to the 2021 tax debate? Consider joining the Finseca Ambassador program today. Reach out to our political affairs team for more information.